Thursday, April 26, 2007

To blog or not to blog

I read this post on Erin's Princess Pig Bear blog, and frankly it scares me. Apparently, people steal photos of babies and kids from blogs. I don't want some freak stealing (or even looking at) pictures of my precious baby girl. The watermark is a good idea, but that doesn't stop them from doing it. It really gives me the heebie-jeebies to think about it, so....

I'm either going to take my blog down or make it private. That will mean that only people who I invite can look at it. I'll let you know if I decide to go that route, so that I can get a list together of people to invite.

UPDATE************
I have decided that I will make my blog private. I just don't think I can sleep tonight now that I have been informed of what could be happening to my baby's pictures. So, blogger friends, if you would like to continue reading this blog, please send me an e-mail, so that I can add you to my list. (I'll be sending the invitation to all family members and friends that I know personally, so you guys don't have to e-mail me.) Here's my e-mail address: meg_jar@yahoo.com I'll officially go private on Monday. I'm not a paranoid person, and it's not that I think my photos are that good, but let's face it, Eleanor is one cute baby, which I'm sure makes her a target for these freaky photo stealers. :)

3 comments:

Robin said...

Yep - that's why any sites with pictures of us are private. There are just too many weirdos out there.

Shana-Lynn said...

Megan, I totally know what you mean! I put notes in my labels but I know that will not help. I just wanted to do something while I figure out what to do. It is so sad.

Robin said...

So this is the last public day for the blog.

It's been a good run *sniff*