Thursday, January 11, 2007

Fun book meme

Lisa tagged me for a fun book meme.

Here are the directions:
1)Grab the book closest to you
2)Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence
3)Post the text of the following 3 sentences on your blog
4)Name the author and book title
5)Tag three people to do the same

Okay, the book is Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy by Vicki Iovine. No, I'm not pregnant. It just happened to be on the end of the bookshelf.

"By this I mean my breasts were even bigger than they were a month ago, but my waistline had completely disappeared and my belly was starting to pop out enough to provide a resting place for my breasts. This is the period when no one is sure whether you are pregnant or just spending too much time at the dessert table, so they don't mention your appearance. However, you can be sure they are talking about it behind your back."

You know you know exactly what she's talking about!!! Hilarious!

I only know two other people (besides Lisa) with blogs, so I officially tag Denise and Robin, but I would love it if everyone would do this and post it as a comment here!!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Ok, I like this game.

"He still held the Key, no longer glowing, and the absence of significant pain suggested no bones were broken or other damage done. But where was he? He became aware that he was lying on grass--he could see and feel that. Slowly Arthur got to his feet and looked around.'
This is the first book by Garth Nix in the mystery series The Keys to the Kingdom called "Mister Monday".

It's the first book I could reach from by chair on the bookshelf in my office. I haven't read it yet, but it sounds like pretty good.

Lisa said...

I don't know what meme means... hmmm... just something about you I guess.

Anyway, I LOVED that book (Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy). I read it when I was preggo. I laughed so hard while reading it.

Denise said...

"The average head size in a 3x5-inch print is about the size ofa pencil eraser. Looking back on this today, I wish I had perfectly sharp close-ups of my friends from the second grade. You can produce a small portrait gallery of your child's friends that will one day be treasured." Page 23 (only 100 pages), How to Photography Your Life, Nick Kelsh. Megan, I don't know three other people who blog but this is fun! Laura or Ashley, if you are reading this - start blogging! ;)

Robin said...

Ok, mine is up on my blog now.

Anonymous said...

You poeple have books in your house that have 128 pages? I think the longest book I can find only has 50 pages. Oh wait, I found the Key Map. Page 128 has a list of streets that start with the letter "T".