Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day

If I'm being perfectly honest, I've been somewhat dreading Christmas Day since Jared left two weeks ago. I just hated to think about him missing the first Christmas that Eleanor was actually excited about. But, he did, and it's over, and now I can stop dreading it and move on, right? Right.

Eleanor and I are very blessed to have such an amazing extended family to have shared this special holiday with in Jared's absence. They are understanding and loving and funny, which kept my time to feel sorry for myself to a minimum. There were a few tears Christmas morning as Eleanor "ooed" and "awwed" over her gifts and Daddy wasn't there to share in the joy; however, I did make an extended edition director's cut DVD of Christmas morning that is already on its way to Iraq along with about 50 pictures of our Christmas celebrations.

Here are some shots of Christmas morning in apartment 1211:


Santa brought a "panano"

and some Backyardigans discs for the View Master.

He also put a Slinky in her stocking, which was a huge hit!All she really wanted was a candy cane...could have saved a few bucks there. Hindsight...

Mommy's little photographer seeing if she got the shot.

And here she is Photoshopping her photos. Not really. Just playing on her new computer. The look on her face is priceless to me!

I think this girl had a very Merry Christmas!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, while giggling, I showed Shane the picture of Eleanor on her new computer.
Uncle Shane's comment: "Oh my God; it's my brother!"
...minus the pink pajamas of course. *smile*

Vicki said...

Sooo adorable!! I love the pj's. You did such a good job at making it a special day for Eleanor, even without her daddy. Love the expression on the computer too. :D

starfitch said...

It looks like you had a great morning! That computer shot is priceless. Cute pjs!

Shana-Lynn said...

I love the chimping picture of her!! Looks like a great Christmas morning for her.

Susie PSU said...

Just checking in to make sure you survived Christmas. It looks like you not only survived, you managed to enjoy it! Hooray for you!!

Kimberly said...

Love her pink christmas jammies. And dad will be home before you guys know it!