Monday, July 28, 2008

Eleanor is 23 months old!

So, one month until the big birthday. Sigh.

Here are a few things Eleanor is up to this month:

  • Reading everything. Today, at the mall, she said, 'Wook, Mommy. Nord-strom's.' I can assure you she's completely unfamiliar with that word!
  • Singing tons of songs. Her version of the Sesame Street song is unbelievably adorable! She also sings the ABC song and just a couple of days ago, busted out with "Row, Row, Row Your Boat," which we never sing. I think she remembers it from when we used to go to Babygarten at the library. Their brains are AMAZING at this age!
  • Repeating everything we say. She was standing at the refrigerator today saying, "Em-i-eh-kay" over and over. At first, I had no idea what she was saying. I finally figured it out..."M-I-L-K." So much for spelling so she won't understand us!
  • She's getting really good at using sentences. My favorites..."Dear Jesus, thank you. Amen." (okay, that's two little sentences) and "Let's snuggle on the couch."
  • Playing with her Little People for hours at a time. She LOVES those girls and guys and animals. Her imagination is incredible!! I wish I could write down every conversation I hear her having with her toys. It's priceless. Oh, and on the imagination point, I need to record this so I won't forget...The other day, Eleanor was dipping her washcloth in and out of the bathtub water, and when I asked what she was doing, she said, 'Making hot tea.'

Here are a few photos of Eleanor doing her very favorite thing...



9 comments:

GG said...

I've said she was just absolutely amazing MILLION TIMES but I just have to say it once more - She is totally amazing!!!!!! Now she's learning to spell???? How wonderful that is!! MiMi will be tickled to hear about the hot tea bag!

Robin said...

Happy 23 months, Miss Eleanor!

Susie PSU said...

Our kids played with the Little People for YEARS. I won't part with them, much to Chris's dismay. So, they are in the garage, waiting for...??
But there they sit. Two huge totes of them.

Janice said...

I know I am going to see her on TV one day because she's just brilliant!!

I don't know what it is about Little People but John and I were obsessed with them as a child and so are my kids. They now play with John's Little People toys which are about 30 years old!

Kristen said...

Everybody loves Little People! We had them all. D's mom has the one from when he was a kid, and they're so cool. The boys used to love playing with the "old fashioned" Little People! His sister named them all, and had their names on masking tape on the bottom, and the names were still there, 30 years later!

Anonymous said...

Am I the only person who doesn't know what little people are? I feel so out of the loop. I love the hot tea memory! What a special little girl!!

Shana-Lynn said...

Aubree loves her some little people too. Eleanor is such a special little girl. Happy 23 months!

Robin said...

Little people were around when we were kids? I must have missed them.

Vicki said...

Who would have even thought she paid any attention to how I made my hot tea? It is incredible what their little minds pick up. She is an incredible little girl!!