Monday, June 23, 2008

DC

Yesterday, we went dowtown to do the whole museum/monument thing. I love doing that, and I had been looking forward to it for while.

Here's Eleanor on the Metro. It was her first train ride since she's been a big girl (i.e. she was aware she was on a train). At first, she was a little freaked out, but quickly warmed up, and would say, 'Get on. Get off.' at each stop. (I'm not sure why she looks dirty in this picture...I promise she was clean!)

Here we are at the WWII Memorial. Something is wrong with my mother-in-law's new camera, but I thought this picture looked pretty cool...
This is what Eleanor did most of the day. She was SO good all day!!
At the Museum of Natural History, where Eleanor loved looking at all of the animals...which were dead and stuffed. I don't think she noticed this time, but I'm preparing myself for the questions next time. :)
And this is what happens when you keep your babies out in the sun too long...
Nice. When Eleanor woke up, she sat up, took out her pacie, and said, 'GET OFF THE TRAIN!' I guess you can get too much of a good thing.

7 comments:

starfitch said...

That memorial photo looks like it was taken in the 1960s! Except for the clothing and jogger, I suppose. :-) You're lucky to live near DC, I've only been once and loved it. Look! Two posts with family photos in them! Great job!

Robin said...

Hurray for all the free DC activites!

Janice said...

I love DC. If I could my family and I would drive over there all the time because there's so many things to do and see. I agree about the Memorial photo. It does look pretty cool.

By the way, congrats on the new computer!!!

Shana-Lynn said...

You know it has been a good day when all the kids crash!!

Kimberly said...

Man you are soooo lucky that she rides in a stroller like that! Man what I would give! And I LOOOOVE all of the DC sights!

Laura P said...

im laughing out loud at this post--why you ask?
1. eleanor does look dirty in the picture--and i know she's not. what's up with that?? cracks me up
2. just thinking of the dead and stuffed animals that she probably thought were real. it's just funny. makes me laugh
3. your expression with jared and eleanor konked out on either side of you. hilarious

glad eleanor did so well on the big DC outing! looks like yall are having a blast this week!

miss you :)

Susie PSU said...

I, too, love D.C. I can't wait for the American History museum to re-open this fall! The kids really liked the Natural History, the Air and Space, and getting their passports stamped at the National Monuments. Have you started a passport for her yet??