Friday, April 11, 2008

Graffiti = fun

Yesterday, in addition to prancing around the yard in a "baby-bug" costume, I let Eleanor get all artsy on the driveway with sidewalk chalk (which was in the dollar bin at Target!) It was the first time we'd done it, and she LOVED it! She did so well, and only tried to eat the chalk once. She kept saying, "Tolor...chok!" and "I daw" (draw). She even woke up this morning saying, "Doh outside...chok!"

From a Mommy standpoint, the drawing was a great activity because it kept her in one area. We're usually running all over the yard. Eleanor now knows the way to the park, which I thought was really cute and clever...the first time. Now, every time we're outside, she says, "Part! Part!" and heads straight for it. But, with the sidewalk chalk, she doesn't want to leave the driveway...well, not until she hears kids playing at the park anyway.




I also need to add this story from this morning because it was hilarious and priceless and just so darn cute.

So, Eleanor was playing on the screened porch with her Cozy Coupe...you know, the plastic car that they get in and "drive" Fred Flinstone style. All of a sudden, she gets out of the car, runs out of the porch, and comes back with a handful of grass. I say, "Eleanor, what in the world are you doing?" She takes the fistful of grass over to the car, opens the little plastic gas tank door, and tries to shove the grass in saying, "Gas...gas...gas."

Seriously, I called three people just to tell them that story. It's truly a miracle to me that these kiddos ever get the English language all sorted out...I mean, gr-ass, gas...same thing, right?

Oh, and if you didn't see them yet, scroll down for some pictures of Eleanor in the "baby-bug" costume yesterday. When it was time to get dressed this morning, she brought me the costume, saying, "baby-bug? baby-bug?"

5 comments:

Robin said...

Very cute. I wish cars ran on grass.

Megan said...

That's exactly what my mom said! :)

GG said...

You must have a special kind of grass up there!! Our grass doesn't work!!

Lisa said...

Grace LOVES sidewalk chalk! Although now I have to watch her really close b/c she starts to graffiti other things besides the driveway... like the cars or the garage doors, etc. :)

Love the ladybug costume as well...maybe it will still fit for Halloween.

Shana-Lynn said...

Ditto Robin!

I still can't believe you have flowering trees and green grass, again, I am SO jealous!