Saturday, April 19, 2008

Best friends indeed

Eleanor has finally worked her little way into the heart of Alex the cat. He hasn't admitted that he likes her yet, but I have personally witnessed him lying down and rolling on his side when she approaches him, arms out, shouting, "Akseks...HUG! HUG!" He also gets lots of kisses, right on the mouth...apparently, she hasn't seen him licking his...oh, nevermind. She's gotten very good at the whole gentle petting thing, and thinks it's hilarious to show me all of his body parts..."Whit-sters, Mommy."

She's very into animals since we've been visiting the animal park every week. When we're driving in the car, and she sees cows out the window, she says, "AN-MALS...SEE...I SEE?" I'm pretty sure she'd live in the chicken coop at the animal park if I'd let her. She might be a little reluctant about spending extra time with the sheep, though. One of those guys accidentally pushed her down the other day when she was trying to give it a hug. Broke her heart. Real tears and everything.


3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Awwww how sweet! Sophie is a HUGE animal lover too!

Janice said...

I agree, she's such a sweetheart!!! I love the picture. You can tell she really loves her cat! I have to remind the kids not to touch the our cat's mouth because of where she usually licks, too, he-he!

Shana-Lynn said...

What a sweetie.

Eleanor's hair is starting to really fill out.