Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Getting a little bit crafty

So, today I had this random idea that turned into a successful twenty-minute project, and I just thought I'd share.

I was getting ready to organize Eleanor's toys (again!) when I realized I would probably need another container to put some things in. Being the thrifty stay-at-home mom that I am, I saw my easy (and free) solution in the form of a huge Costco diaper box. I randomly glued different-sized pieces of scrapbook paper all over it. Then, I used a piece of extra ribbon I found in my craft box and made a bow.

Voila! A box for all of Eleanor's dress-up items. Tomorrow I'm going to turn the wipes box into a box for Eleanor's board books, as her bookshelf is currently overflowing. And the next day I'm going to design brand new kitchen cabinets from empty cases of green beans and corn. (On second thought, maybe I'll hold off on that one for a bit.)

And here's my little ballerina trying to put her tutu on all by herself. "IIII DO, MOMMY!"

7 comments:

Robin said...

Way to be all crafty!

I also love the picture in your sidebar of Eleanor in the sun glasses and bunny ears. Too funny...

Shana-Lynn said...

Oh my God is that last picture too cute for words.

And look at how crafty you are? That box is a great idea, thanks for sharing.

Kimberly said...

Well aren't you all martha today! HAHA! It looks great!

Vicki said...

Soooo creative and recycling too!! The dress up box is really cute. I think you've found another talent. :)

Lisa said...

So crafty and thrifty too! I need to do something like that... we have so many loose toys that need homes!

Janice said...

That's so cool!! I love the idea! You are so creative!

Angela said...

if you figure out the kitchen cabinets...let me know. :)