Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A little holiday fun

So, my sister had this really fun holiday craft idea- making gingerbread men (and women) to hang in my dining room window. Well, one thing led to another, and before we knew it, this little project had gone in a completely different direction than we had originally anticipated. We ended up making the gingerpeople into celebrity look-alikes, which made for lots of hardy laughter (the kind that can be dangerous while you are wielding the grown-up scissors).

I thought it would be fun to post our little friends, and have you all guess who they are supposed to be. I'll even give you a few little helpful hints (mostly so that our feelings don't get hurt when no one can decipher our creative renderings). You just post your guesses as a comment, and in a couple of days, I'll reveal the true identities of these cooky cookies.

First, a couple of future celebrities...

Future Eleanor

Future Chloe


1. Not a jockey. A singer.

2. Not Harry Potter or Drew Carey. A television show character.

3. Another singer. Her name and Eleanor's name have something in common.


4. Um, duh. It's just un-American if you can't tell who this is.

11 comments:

Laura P said...

o my gosh. yall are so hilarious!! And these acutally look great--very creative. did yall minor in art in college?! :) Im not guessing because i have some inside info. . .

starfitch said...

Let's see...the second one I have no idea, but other than that, JT, Macy Gray and Honest Abe??? Those are too cute, I love them!

Shana-Lynn said...

These are very cute!

Robin said...

I think I need a few more hints...

Megan said...

Okay, Robin...the last one has his own monument. :)

That's it.

Robin said...

Bah.

Robin said...

Ok fine.

1. Not sure. I have a guess, and when I try to think of someone else, he is all I think of. And I feel stupid for thinking of him, so I'll remain silent on this one.

2. Mr. Bennet from Heroes? I don't know if you even watch that show.

3. Macy Gray - good guess, Starfitch! I would not have come up with that one.

4. I just cannot put my thumb on this one. This is a tough one.

Megan said...

It's okay, Robin. Sometimes he's all I think about too. :)

Just kidding, hubbie!

Anonymous said...

1. My best guess is Eminem...

2. Dwight Schrute from "The Office"

3. Macy Gray

4. Honest Abe Lincoln

Too cute! I think you mom's have too much free time, creativity, and practice with scissors. Very cool.

Robin said...

Ah...Dwight. Of course! I stink at this game.

starfitch said...

Dwight! How did I miss that one???? Gah!!!