Friday, January 26, 2007

Born with a plastic spoon...

No silver spoon here- just this little plastic one that Eleanor loves to wield all by herself. During her third feeding of solid food, she grabbed the spoon with her little fingers and wouldn't let go. She knew it was supposed to go in her mouth, but kept shoving it up her nose and in her eye as she was trying to get it there. I actually had to go get another spoon because she had a death-grip on the one she had taken, and wasn't giving it up. Now she's been eating solids for almost a month, and for about two weeks has been able to successfully grab the spoon and put it in her mouth. She can only actually get the food off of it if there's a whole lot on there because she doesn't have the right motion down yet. (I'm sure it's only a matter of time.) After she has gotten all she can off of the spoon, she'll put the spoon toward the bowl so I can put more on it. This is a VERY messy process with her various veggies, but I figure it's all for the sake of learning. (And we keep a large stock of OxiClean on hand at all times.)

Am I going to think every new thing each of my children does is so fantastic?!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You sound like me... yes you are totally going to think that everything new she does is fantastic! It is very exciting.

Lisa said...

Oh and I should add that I LOVE OxiClean too... I don't know what I would do without it!